Sunday 20 March 2011

Iguazu and back to Cochabamba

Buenos Aires was almost the last part of my little roundtrip. From there I took the bus to the north to Iguazu at the border to Paraguay and Brazil, with its magnificent waterfalls...it's hard to find words to describe this experience, so just have a look at the pictures :-)
distant view of Foz do Iguazu


Here you could aproach the falls to 2-3 meters and get completely wet...that's fun :-)

Parque nacional de Iguazu

On top of the falls

Wow!!!



After one day in Iguazu, I headed homewards to Cochabamba. Actually I wanted to stay in Asuncion for one or two days, but I've heard that there were heavy rainfalls in Bolivia and some of the roads might be impassable. Therefore I decided to go straight back to Bolivia, which meant crossing Paraguay all at once from the south-east to the north-west, which took about 30 hours. From the Bolivian border, it was another 10 hours to Santa Cruz, where I arrived at 9 pm, just in time to buy the very last ticket for the night bus to Cochabamba. After a total of 56 hours in the bus, I finally arrived at the Bus terminal in Cochabamba...
Can you imagine how pleasant it is to drive on
such a road for more than 10 hours?
Cochabamba bus terminal...after 56 hours on the road
Crossing the border to Bolivia

No comments:

Post a Comment